These are my holy trinity. With the limited resource of free time if I can squeeze all three activities on days off is just heaven. My significant other cannot drink coffee and doesn’t appreciate birds so these are my solo trips.
There’s a lot of logistics issues to cover my bases.
- I refuse to ride in rush hour traffic.
- The nearest and best hummingbird spot in Santiago has atrocious dishwater coffee and doesn’t sell fruit. The roads are lazy and mellow.
- I don’t want to carry camera equipment over 200 miles. See note 7.
- Next best bird spot is in Ojai with a bird sanctuary and a another bird watching spot. There’s many splendid delis and espresso over gelato places. However it’s a 5.5 hour and 285 miles round trip because I have to loop through Frazier Park.
- `Loop because I refuse to come home same route
- There are very cute baby cows through Frazier Park
- I would love to rest for a night then come home the next morning from Ojai. But I’m not allowed to motorcycle camp with a hammock because apparently as a married woman I shouldn’t stay out by myself?
- ACH is still my favorite road to ride, has wonderful coffee. The birding is so so because it’s mountain birds. I haven’t dabbled enough in birding to appreciate it yet, still favoring flashy hummers.
- I need to buy waterproof luggage to hold moisture sensitive gadgets I may or may not need. I’ve had to hide out at a nursery in the hills because I got caught in the rain with camera equipment. I’m a little scared that I found it to be exhilarating to ride in the rain.
Humming bird gathering – Santiago
Scrub Jay – Santiago
Santiago – I don’t know what this fellow is. My guess is a black-headed grosbeak.
I love this guy in Ojai. Every time I go through I’ll stop by this bird sanctuary and give him scratches.
Birding & Biking in Ojai.
Very sad :[ found a little one just passed away in Ojai.